I always believe that one of the best times to sell your home the first quarter of the year and not the spring…and here is why:
The price of any item, including residential real estate, is determined by “supply and demand”. If many people are looking to buy an item and the supply of that item is limited, the price of that item increases.
According to the National Association of Realtors, the supply of homes dramatically increases every spring. As an example, here is what happened to housing inventory at the beginning of 2016:
As you can see, inventory levels rise dramatically in April and May.
Buyers in the market during the winter months are truly motivated purchasers. They want to buy now. With limited inventory currently available in most markets, sellers are in a great position to negotiate.
If you want to check to see if you would benefit financially by putting your home on the market now instead of waiting until the spring, just reach out to me.
You May Also Enjoy
Latest posts by Paul Rosso (see all)
- Timing the Sale of Your Home this Spring – Episode 56 - March 30, 2017
- 32 Cherokee Rd, Richboro, PA 18954 - March 20, 2017
- 20 Chapel Dr, Holland, PA 18966 - March 18, 2017
- Mortgage Rate Impact on the 2017 Market – Episode 55 - March 11, 2017
- Avoid Doing These Things After Mortgage Approval – Episode 54 - February 18, 2017