A recent Demand Institute report revealed “nearly half of all American households plan to move at some point in the future.”
Seventy-five percent of those surveyed in the report cited one or more ‘location-related reasons’ for their eagerness to move. Here are the top 5 reasons:
- Safer Neighborhood – 30%
- Closer to Family – 27%
- Change of Climate – 26%
- Closer to Work – 25%
- For a New Job – 23%
While the majority of Americans (74%) will move within their home state, for the 26% planning to call a new state home, it is important to know that prices in each state are appreciating at different rates and waiting to buy or sell your home could cost you more in the long run.
The map below was created using the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s latest Home Price Index and shows year-over-year price gains in each state.
If your plan on making a move either in the area or in another state, it’s important to figure out what is the best fit for you and your family’s needs. I’m here if you need to someone to bounce things off of.
Latest posts by Paul Rosso (see all)
- Timing the Sale of Your Home this Spring – Episode 56 - March 30, 2017
- 32 Cherokee Rd, Richboro, PA 18954 - March 20, 2017
- 20 Chapel Dr, Holland, PA 18966 - March 18, 2017
- Mortgage Rate Impact on the 2017 Market – Episode 55 - March 11, 2017
- Avoid Doing These Things After Mortgage Approval – Episode 54 - February 18, 2017